45-090 Namoku St
Kaneohe, HI 96744
An Interfaith Conversations Windward event, a companion to Interfaith Open Table. Meets at Pohai Nani Retirement Community in Kaneohe, typically first Mondays at 12:30 p.m. (Note special day for the January event.) Programs feature presentations by a wide-range of speakers.
As America continues to struggle with the reality of becoming a nation of many faiths — as contrasted with those who believe we should be an exclusively Christian nation — it seems important that we explore ways of practicing an interfaith approach to spirituality and religion.
- What should Christians talk about in regard to interfaith concerns: (with each other and those of other faith traditions.)
- Does the study or recognition of a faith other than one’s own diminish our personal faith?
- How would you practice an interfaith approach to life?
- How do you respond to those who sincerely believe their religion is the only correct approach to God?
- Is it possible to practice spirituality or religion without having a belief system or talking about faith?
- Can we overcome the divisions between the sacred and the secular? Can they be erased?
All are welcome.
For more information Chaplain Ruth Peterson 808-286- 1765, Rev Samuel Cox 779-3606 or Rev. Babs Ripple 220-3130